Tuesday 19 August 2014

Luis Suarez Pledges Never To Bite Again

Controversial striker Luis Suarez said he was
"very depressed" after the World Cup biting
incident that led to the Uruguay international
being initially banned from all soccer activities for
four months.
Suarez can now train with new club Barcelona
and play friendlies, following an appeal hearing
last week, before making his competitive return at
the end of October.
"I prefer not to look backwards," the former
Liverpool forward said as he was presented to
the media at the Nou Camp on Tuesday.
"I didn't want to do anything and I was very
depressed," added Suarez referring to his state of
mind following the biting incident involving Italy
defender Giorgio Chiellini at the World Cup in
Brazil.
"I decided that all I could do was accept reality
and say sorry. I have apologised to people in
Uruguay for what happened and I am now looking
ahead."
The Uruguayan featured for the first time for
Barca when he came on for the last 15 minutes of
Monday's 6-0 friendly victory over Mexican side
Leon.
Suarez is set to play his first La Liga game in the
'Clasico' against Real Madrid the weekend of
October 25-26.
During Tuesday's presentation, vice-president
Jordi Mestre disclosed that the transfer fee Barca
had agreed with Liverpool was 65 million pounds
($108.11 million).
"I hope the time goes quickly as I want to play
again," said Suarez. "It is going to be difficult as
I will have to wait some months but I have
accepted this.
"My job is to train and be ready to return by the
end of October. All I can do is prepare and be
ready for the game against Real.
"It would be great to play but it is down to the
coach," added Suarez.
"I have really found a great atmosphere in the
dressing room...everyone has been very friendly
and obviously the time passes quicker if you are
with teammates and new people."
Brazil forward Neymar and former World Player of
the Year Lionel Messi were involved in Monday's
match.
"Neymar and Messi were fantastic to watch," said
Suarez. "Everyone knows what I can offer and I
will work hard to bring trophies back to Barca
which is the reason I am here."

No comments:

Post a Comment