Monday 15 September 2014

Falcao relishes Man United debut

LONDON - Radamel Falcao thanked Manchester
United's fans after making his debut at the
"extraordinary" Old Trafford.
Falcao came off the bench in the 67th minute of
United's 4-0 win at home to QPR in the Premier
League on Sunday but was unable to find the
back of the net in a match where the goals were
shared between Angel di Maria, Ander Herrera,
Wayne Rooney and Juan Mata.
Now the Colombian striker, who made a transfer
deadline day loan move from Monaco for a
reported 10 million euros ($13.1 million), will look
to score his first goal for United against Leicester
this coming weekend.
"It felt good to make my debut at Old Trafford,"
he said.
Also read : Man United move 'a dream', says
Falcao
"It is an extraordinary stadium, a legendary
stadium and I am happy to get the win. I will
enjoy this moment."
Falcao almost got on the scoresheet when, 15
minutes after he had come on and with United
4-0 up, he saw QPR keeper Robert Green spill
Daley Blind's shot.
However, Green recovered to block Falcao's
follow-up.
"I want to say thank you to the fans. I enjoyed
the welcome a lot. It was fantastic," Falcao said.
"I almost scored. The goalkeeper was good. I
hope to score the next game."
"I hope everything continues for us like it did on
Sunday."

No comments:

Post a Comment