Sunday 24 April 2016

'Wait another year!' - Ranieri tells Tottenham to forget about Premier League title

'Wait another year!' - Ranieri tells Tottenham to forget about Premier League title

'Wait another year!' - Ranieri tells Tottenham to forget about Premier League title

  The Foxes currently hold a five-point lead over Spurs with four matches of the season remaining and the Italian has now insisted that it is his side's time to shine

 

High-flying Leicester City manager Claudio Ranieri has told Tottenham counterpart Mauricio Pochettino to forget about winning the Premier League title this season.
The Foxes are currently five points clear of second-placed Spurs with four matches of the season remaining.
Despite needing Leicester to slip up at least twice Pochettino is refusing to concede defeat in the title race, but Ranieri insists that it is his side's time to shine.

"Mauricio, you can wait. Wait for one more year," the Italian said ahead of Sunday's clash with Swansea City.
"The pressure is always at the top. They have been behind all year. I'm not bothered.
"I would love to stay five points ahead."

GOAL READ MORE  | Poch: Vardy ban will have 'big impact' on Leicester

Ranieri has finished second on four occasions as a manager, having fallen short at Chelsea, Roma, Juventus and Monaco, but he has dismissed any suggestions that he is a serial choker.
He added: "Every time I was behind. I know there are people out there who, if I don't win the title [with Leicester], will say: 'Ah, Ranieri, he always comes second.' Yes, but look at my career. Look at it.
"I was second at Chelsea. But we had started to build a team during the previous year. I continued to buy people during the first Premier League matches. We came second.
"At Roma, I was second. I arrived after two matches. We had zero points. We finished with 80 points. Inter had 82. I lost but what more could I do? I arrived at Juventus the first year after [promotion from] Serie B. We were third, then second. What more could I do? I had four or five champions but others were young players.
"At Monaco we won the second division. Then we finish behind Paris Saint-Germain, second by eight points. Now I try to win this [Premier League title]."


No comments:

Post a Comment